Bridges to Academic Success (Bridges) is a program that provides educational services to newcomer students who enter US schools with limited academic skills, including low levels of literacy in their home languages. Bridges supports schools, teachers, and students by helping to accelerate language, literacy, and content area learning through special school programming, curricula, and professional development for instructors. The Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Bridges program with a key focus on streamlining operational support for the professional development team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Track and respond to inquiries about the Bridges program.
- Assist in the creation and management of critical file structure system for all key curricular and programmatic documents used by the Bridges team.
- Transcribe coaching notes and team meeting notes for project records.
- Assist Project Director or Team Leaders with ongoing tasks as needed.
- Assist teachers, administrators and other stakeholders on tech support with key applications utilized by the project.
Professional Development and Curriculum
- Track professional development forms and feedback
- Book AV and food orders; coordinate with fiscal manager on all room reservations and bookings.
- Format curricular documents for dissemination and publishing.
- Maintain key files of existing curricular documents for internal collaboration.
- Manage feedback from expert reviewers for team use.
- Assist team in other tasks as needed.
- Experience working on a team and handling moving parts on a project
- Positive attitude with solutions-oriented approach to work
- Flexibility in style of working with others
- Ability to work on site as needed
- Technologically savvy, particularly in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint particularly) as well as Google applications.
- B.A. or M.A. degree, preferably
Salary and Benefits:
This position will entail approximately two days in the CASE offices or four half-days. Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org