Webmaster, Bridges to Academic Success
Bridges to Academic Success (Bridges) is a program that provides educational services to newcomer students who enter US schools with limited academic skills, including low levels of literacy in their home languages. The Webmaster will be responsible for updating and maintaining the Bridges to Academic Success website (bridges-sifeproject.com). This includes content updates, as well as design, functionality, backups and server file organization.
The Webmaster will work with the Project Director and Project Manager to conceptualize, create, and post relevant content to the website and social media. The Webmaster should be able to collaborate with team members to determine team needs and to implement these updates using the tools available or suggest improvements and alternate solutions if necessary. The Webmaster will make suggestions for website changes based on user experience and feedback, and will assist with visual design, copyediting, and formatting of public-facing documents.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Post updated content to website, including adapting documents, images, graphics and other
content for posting on website and social media
- Keep WordPress and all associated plug-ins updated, including CSS and HTML editing
- Check for and resolve compatibility issues affecting website performance
- Maintain current backups and archives of the website and related files
- Manage online service accounts like GoDaddy, Adobe, Canva, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Upload and categorize videos to the website and streaming video sites
- Research and implement new technologies for website performance improvement
- Train team on the use of new tools as they are introduced
- Categorize posts, pages, classes, and videos for appropriate placement on webpage and determine
- Format, copyedit, and design public-facing materials
- Attend twice-per-month meetings remotely with Project Manager and/or Project Director for
planning and discussing work plans
- Experience with web CMS, particularly WordPress
- Basic CSS and HTML skills
- SEO management
- Remote File Transfer
- PDF editing
- Photo and Graphics Editing
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with google applications
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed and works effectively remotely
- Good organization skills
- Video editing expertise preferred
Commitment and Compensation:
10-15 hours per week. Hourly rate commensurate with experience and expertise.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org